Erica is an Austin based makeup artist who also styles hair. With a BS Degree in TV-Film Production, and having worked in New York for 11 years, Erica is very experienced with on-camera makeup technique. Before starting her bridal beauty business in 2007, Erica did makeup on photo shoots, TV and film sets which gave her experience in all three arenas, and sparked her desire to also learn how to style hair. Her image consulting experience stems back to 1997 when she started developing marketable images for new models at John Robert Powers, where she consulted until 2007.
Erica landed the hair stylist position on the Martha Stewart Show in 2011 after being on the "on call" list since 2009.
Erica has been formally trained by high-end cosmetics brands such as Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Awake Cosmetics, GoSmile and Sonya Dakar. She was on Bobbi Brown's "A Team" and accompanied Bobbi at her personal appearances in the New York metro area. Also, working side by side with Laura Mercier at her personal appearances in Manhattan gave Erica inspiration and a wealth of knowledge.
Two signature service of Erica Miles Beauty are the Image Boot Camp makeup party, a fun way to entertain friends and learn about makeup, and The Power Color Analysis! Whatever your beauty needs, Erica has you covered!
- How it all began..
- Erica played in her mom's makeup drawer starting at 3 years old. She was a child actor in theater and began modeling at the age of 14. Intrigued by the makeup and hair styling, she paid attention!
- Through junior high and high school, friends constantly asked Erica to do their makeup, and she loved doing pretend photo shoots.
- As a TV Production major in college, Erica felt it was important to make the actors in her projects look good! Experimenting and diving right in, she actually learned a lot about the effects that lighting, cameras and clothing have on makeup. And, how makeup and hair can help tell the story of a character.
- After college, she worked on 6 TV shows in production, and found herself living in New York with a job as a field producer, yet she envied the makeup artist's job. She took the plunge and made a career change!
- 13 years later, numerous clients, jobs and a corporation under her belt, she was happy she followed her passion!
- Currently Erica is based in Austin, TX, after moving with her family. She continues to do makeup and hair for photo shoots, conducts her Image Boot Camp parties and also has a passion for her private clients of all ages, making them look and feel beautiful!